Thursday

Samantha

I have decided to approach the small human called Sarah - carefully I sneak up on her


up on the couch I go - now I will push her until she moves over - now I will flop next to her and relax - no it doesn't matter to me that she is now uncomfortable I am staying here and she will have to adjust


this is me under her blanket - which I will also take from her

On another note - what can I do about Tabitha try is I might and I have tried she HATES me (and the rest of my family) - she will not come out of the cage - when she does she hides and will NOT eat until I leave (I know she is eating because her food is gone) I have thought of chasing her and scooping her up and showing her that I love her - but I don't want to scare her either, I wonder if this is just our relationship and I should deal with it - I am learning a lot from these little fur balls

3 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Is Tabitha the mom bun? She sounds scared and she may be uncertain as to her place on the bun order of things. It can take some time. My rabbit rescue person said to caress the shy bun with your voice if they won't let you pet them. Lucky you, you have plenty of snuggle buns to show her how to do it :~) My two are quite different, the first thing Tyler wants in the morning is a head rub, even if I have pellets in my hand, Sydney wants the pellets!!!!

Rabbits' Guy said...

Yup .. it'll probably take a lot of time. Some bunns never get there, especially if they were not held when they were young. Getting her to eat like a craisin treat out of your hand would be a great start.

furrybutts said...

I second what the others have said here. Some buns just need lots of patience on our part. Getting them to eat out of your hand is a good start, and progress from there to having them put a paw on your legs to get at the food (assuming you're sitting cross legged on the ground). Yohji used to be a skittish bun but now he has no problems with walking all over me to get to his treat, and he has finally learned to enjoy it whenever we pet him :)